Guidelines for Use
The Dixon Pentecostal Research Center is a special collections repository for the Church of God and the Pentecostal Movement. The Research Center is committed to conduct archival procedures according to the Core Values Statement and Code of Ethics published by the Society of American Archivists.
- Visitors are welcome and may view the Research Center displays and materials during the posted hours.
- Because of the special nature of the collection and because it contains some items that cannot be replaced, materials are kept in a CLOSED STACKS area. Research Center personnel will be available during posted hours to retrieve requested materials.
- When looking for library-type resources (books, periodicals, media), check the library catalog for an author, title, and/or subject entry first. Materials which are housed in the Research Center are indicated in the on-line catalog with the location as Dixon Pent Center (and books have either PENT or CHURCH or SPEC. COLL. as the first line of the call number).
- Some library materials not in the online catalog and our archival materials (personal papers, records, artifacts, etc.) can be found by searching the archives catalog.
- Only those persons using materials housed in the Research Center may study in the Research Center study area.
- Any briefcases, book bags, etc., brought to the Research Center should be placed in the provided lockers or, if too large, left at the reading room desk. No Squires Library materials (reserves, reference, periodicals, or circulating books) should be brought into the Research Center.
- Any person who uses the Research Center must sign in/out on the iPad provided on the Research Center circulation desk in Envoy indicating name, email address, and purpose of visit. The application logs time automatically.
- No material is to be taken from the Research Center. Photocopies may be made in accordance with copyright laws. Digital cameras and portable scanners are allowed in most cases.
- Use of ink pens is not allowed. Pencils and paper will be provided for taking notes. Personal laptops and devices are allowed for taking research notes, accessing digital resources, online catalogs, etc.
- No food or drink is allowed in the Research Center.
- Copyright and use issues can be explored at these Society of American Archivists pages: here & here.