Guidelines for Use
The Dixon Pentecostal Research Center is a special collections repository for the Church of God and the Pentecostal movement.
- Visitors are welcome and may view the Research Center displays during the posted hours.
- Because of the special nature of our collections and because they contain some items that cannot be replaced, materials are kept in a CLOSED STACKS area. Research Center personnel will be available during posted hours to retrieve requested materials.
- When looking for a particular work, check the library catalog in Squires Library for an author, title, and/or subject entry. Materials which are housed in the Research Center are indicated in the on-line catalog with the location as “Lee - Dixon Res.” (and books have either PENT or CHURCH or SPEC. COLL. as the first line of the call number).
- Check the open stacks of circulating materials first. Duplicates are shelved in Squires Library and may circulate.
- Finding resources are available for archival materials including indexes and finding aids. Many of these can be searched here.
- Only those persons using materials housed in the Research Center may study in the Research Center study area.
- Briefcases, book bags, etc., brought to the Research Center should be put in a locker located in the reading room. Other library materials (reserves, reference, periodicals, or circulating books) should not be brought into the Research Center.
- Any person using the Research Center must sign in and out at the welcome desk.
- No material is to be taken from the Research Center. Photocopies or photographs may be made in accordance with copyright laws.
- Use of ink pens around archival documents is not allowed. Pencils and paper will be provided for taking notes.
- No food or drink is allowed in the Research Center.